How Do I Update Spotify On My Mac
- How Do I Update Spotify On My Macbook Air
- How Do I Uninstall Spotify On My Mac
- How Do I Update Spotify On My Macbook
Spotify is a digital music service that gives you access to millions of songs. But if for some reasons you need to uninstall Spotify on your Mac, follow this article. We will share two methods on how to remove Spotify completely and safely. How to uninstall Spotify manually. How to uninstall Spotify using App Cleaner & Uninstaller. On r/Spotify this week, over a thousand users have gotten behind a post asking for the 'old' Spotify to come back, with a few hundred comments discussing the various problems with the update.© Reuters It's easy to find your Spotify listening history on a computer or mobile device. Reuters
- You can see your Spotify listening history in several ways, on the platform's mobile and desktop apps.
- In its iPhone app, Spotify is currently testing a feature that lets you view months of listening history from the 'Home' page.
- You can also see a shortened version of your Spotify listening history when you use the mobile app's 'Add Songs' menu.
- In the desktop app, you'll find your listening history in a tab on the 'Play Queue' screen.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Spotify keeps close track of your listening history, both for your convenience and to personalize the music it recommends to you.
But if you're trying to find that listening history, you might need to jump through a few hoops. But once you find it, you'll get a completely up-to-date list of everything you've listened to recently.
Here's how to find your Spotify listening history, using both your phone and computer.
How to see your Spotify listening history in the mobile app
There are two ways to find your listening history in the Spotify mobile app. Both are available in the iPhone app, while only one is available in the Android app.
Spotify is currently testing a feature in the iPhone app that lets you see your complete listening history — you can go back months at a time, if you'd like. You can also choose whether you'd like to see what songs you've listened to, or the playlists you've used.
Since it's only a test, this feature may be removed in the future. But for now, you can find it here:
1. Make sure that your app is fully updated, and then open the Spotify app and tap 'Home' at the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap the icon in the top-right that looks like a clock. This will open up your Listening History page.© William Antonelli/Business Insider Since it's a beta test, there's a chance that this icon might not appear even on a fully updated app. William Antonelli/Business Insider
3. By default, you'll be shown all the playlists you've listened to recently. You can scroll down to see the last month or so of your playlist history.
4. To see your song-by-song listening history by tapping the icon in the top-right corner that looks like a peg — this will open a menu where you can select 'Songs and episodes.'© William Antonelli/Business Insider You can choose between playlists and albums, or specific tracks. William Antonelli/Business Insider
5. You can now see a full list of every song and podcast episode you've listened to for the past few months. Scroll down to see them all, and tap on any of them to play it.
You can also find a truncated version of your listening history through the 'Add Songs' section. You can do this on both an iPhone and Android device.
1. Start the Spotify app and tap 'Library' at the bottom of the screen.
2. Open one of your playlists. If you have no playlists, tap 'Create playlist' and then tap 'Create.'
3. Tap 'Add songs,' the small button below the name of the playlist.© William Antonelli/Business Insider Select the 'Add Songs' option. William Antonelli/Business Insider
How Do I Update Spotify On My Macbook Air
4. On the 'Add songs' page, swipe to the left three times. You should land on the 'Recently played' list. This displays the last 100 or so tracks you've played on Spotify.
5. Tap the name of any song to play a preview, or tap the plus sign to add it to the playlist.© William Antonelli/Business Insider Your listening history is buried in the playlist editing pages. William Antonelli/Business Insider
How to see your Spotify listening history on the desktop app
Checking your listening history on a Mac or PC is much simpler.
1. In the desktop app, just click the Queue icon in the bottom-right corner of the window. It looks like three stacked lines with an arrow in one corner.
2. Once you've opened your Queue, click 'History' near the top of the screen.
How Do I Uninstall Spotify On My Mac© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Listening history is also available on your desktop by clicking the Queue icon. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
How Do I Update Spotify On My Macbook
You'll now see the last 50 or so songs in your listening history. Just note that this history is cleared whenever you close the app, and only tracks the songs you've listened to on your desktop.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Now that you have signed up for a Spotify account, it’s time to start using the service. The first step to doing so is downloading and installing the Spotify application. It works a bit differently depending on what operating system you’re trying to install it on, so we’ll go through how to download and install Spotify for a few different ones.
How to get Spotify and install it on your Windows or Mac desktop
Go to www.spotify.com in your web browser and click Log In.
Assuming that you signed up with your email address (click Log In With Facebook if you used your Facebook account instead), click in the box labelled “User Name” and type in the user name that you picked to represent yourself with on Spotify. Then click in the box labelled “Password” and type in the password that you picked to secure your account with on Spotify.
If you’re using a public computer (or one that other people may be using), consider clicking the check box beside “Remember Me” to unmark it and prevent Spotify from automatically filling in your user name when you log in again (for privacy reasons). Then click Log In.
Once you’re logged in, click Download in the top-right corner.
Spotify should automatically open a download prompt for you. Click Save File, and then (if applicable) use the explorer window that pops up to select where you want to save the Spotify installer. (It should show up in your “Downloads” folder if you don’t select a place to save it.)
Find the SpotifySetup.exe file on your computer and open it (click Run to confirm that you want to run it if you’re given a security warning). The Spotify application should automatically download and install itself on your computer, and then open once it’s finished.
How to download and install Spotify for Android
Turn on your device and look for the Google Play or Play Store application. Tap it to open it.
Tap the search menu at the top of the screen and start typing in “spotify”. As you do, Google Play will give you suggestions on what you might be looking for. One will be called Spotify Music, and will have the Spotify logo beside it. Tap it.
When you get to the information page for Spotify Music, tap Install.
Spotify will show you a list of features on your device that it will need to use. If you still want to use the application, tap Accept.
Spotify will automatically begin downloading and installing. When it finishes, tap Open to launch the program.
How to download and install Spotify for iOS (iPhone/iPad)
Turn on your device and look for the App Store application. Tap it to open it.
Tap the “Search” box in the top-right corner and start typing in “spotify”. As you do so, the App Store will give you suggestions on what you might be looking for. Tap either spotify or spotify music.
When you see the application called “Spotify Music”, tap Get beside it, and then tap Install.
You will need to log into your Apple account. If you don’t have one, click this link and follow the instructions in order to create one.
After you log in, Spotify will automatically begin downloading and installing. When it finishes, tap Open to launch the program.
There you go! You now know how to download and install Spotify on your desktop computer or mobile device!